Scheduled Triathlons

5.23.10 - Sprint Distance - Auburn Triathlon - Railhead Park Soccer Fields - Auburn, CA
06.27.10 - Olympic Distance - Golden Gate Triathlon - Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
07.31.10 - Half-Ironman- Barb's Race - Johnson's Beach - Guerneville, CA

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day Twenty-Two

This is my recovery week, so everything is a bit shorter.  Instead of riding for an hour and ten minutes with seven sprints I ride for an hour with six sprints.  It does not seem like a big deal, but I guess it makes a difference allowing my body time to recover. 

Today I did my sprints outside.  It was nice to be outdoors, as it was a beautiful day, but I do have to admit I get much better training on the trainer.  The trainer does not allow you to coast going down hill, you must pedal for the entire workout.  I think I will do my Tuesday cycling workouts on the trainer, this will force me to have more focused work. 

I thought that the sprints outside would be awkward, but they were actually fine.  Exception: I began a sprint as a man in a full jelly belly kit on a time trial bike passed me.  Since I started my jump to sprint as he was next to me I felt like it looked like I was trying to challenge him.  Of course I was embarrassed because 1) why would I ever challenge him, he must have just laughed thinking I was trying to impress him 2) I looked like I was standing still as he passed me - but I was in fact in my full sprint. 

I had started my ride at a different spot than my normal route.  It is an addition that Ryan had taken me on (and I was really annoyed at him when he did) where you finish with an uphill.  I was annoyed at Ryan because he had me do this on one of my first rides out.  I was just looking to survive the ride at that point, not have any challenge at the end.  My state of mind has shifted now that I have been riding more, and I was happy to be able to challenge myself and push the last couple of miles at an incline.  All in all a good day of training, but I will stay on the trainer for better work on future Tuesdays.

Tomorrow I will swim in the bay.  Already very nervous about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment