Scheduled Triathlons

5.23.10 - Sprint Distance - Auburn Triathlon - Railhead Park Soccer Fields - Auburn, CA
06.27.10 - Olympic Distance - Golden Gate Triathlon - Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
07.31.10 - Half-Ironman- Barb's Race - Johnson's Beach - Guerneville, CA

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day Twenty-Five

Run Swim
Woke up late, but was able to get to the pool on time to get my swim finished before they closed.  I had set my clock for 530 pm oops..good thing Ryan's alarm went off at 550 and he -smart guy- set it for am. It was a shorter swim because it is my recovery week. 

Ran in the afternoon. It was a warm day so I ran at the beach.  This entire week has been full of bad workouts.  I am tired and just not recovering.  This is how my run was, tired, slow, boring pace.  I once ran with my friend Chrissy from CO, she thought it was strange when we ran that we did not say hi or even acknowledge people we encountered.  She encouraged me to smile or say hello as I passed people.  On days like today, when I feel like nothing is going to make this run fun, I try to initiate more hellos.  It helps cheer me up.  But Pacifica is not that friendly.  I can look someone straight in the eyes and say hello and they just look back, no smile, no nod of the head, nothing.  How hard is it to smile?  This just makes me want to say hi to more people.  Try to loosen these people up.  I understand that every fifth person may be having a terrible day, but the other four should be happy to meet a friendly face outside on a beautiful sunny day at the beach.  It cheers me up to smile and say hello, so I will continue to do it.  It seems a strange place and time when we do not acknowledge the people we pass.  Smile often!

No comments:

Post a Comment