Scheduled Triathlons

5.23.10 - Sprint Distance - Auburn Triathlon - Railhead Park Soccer Fields - Auburn, CA
06.27.10 - Olympic Distance - Golden Gate Triathlon - Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
07.31.10 - Half-Ironman- Barb's Race - Johnson's Beach - Guerneville, CA

Friday, April 2, 2010

Day Eighteen

Swim/Run.  It is raining today.  This makes for the best run days.  Not because it is particularly fun to run in the rain, it can be fun in the mud, but I was just on cement.  But because there is no one else out.  There might be people running in other towns, but we live in Pacifica not a very active town, so there is not a single soul that I run into for my 45 minute run.  This is great, it makes me feel like I am really training, I am tougher than those others who are sitting at home not training today, those who cannot take the wind and rain.  I am tougher than the little Shakira looking mom that I often see pushing her stroller up the hill that I can barely run up.  This girl is something, she obviously just had a baby - it can be seen in the stroller - and she has the body of Shakira.  As I am running I am thinking about her, she is an inspiration, so fit after just having a baby.  But quickly my thoughts turn negative.  I think that there is no possible way she can look like she does with a baby that young, it is probably adopted...no no she is probably a baby sitter.  You know kids have to be, what 6 months, before they are allowed in a running stroller so their neck muscles are strong enough, the kid in Shakira's stroller looks younger than that,  she is probably hurting the baby.  I may not be as fit as her, but at least I know that.  And where is she today, probably at home (running on the treadmill at speeds that I cannot imagine) using her baby as an excuse not to be out here in the wind and rain.  So now I feel good about myself, feeling tough, I am inspiring myself.  The hill that I before talked about being hard was easy today, maybe those sprint on the treadmill are actually helping.  The run is great, easy, and of course I feel strong for being out here.  I make it back to the car.  Since I am stopping by the store before I get home I am going to change my soaking spandex to normal warm up pants.  This is not easy.  Sure I can slip right out of the shorts, but to put these warm up pants on....they are just sticking to me. I struggle just getting them over my feet.  So there I am for minutes in the back of the car fighting to get these sticky pants on myself.  I actually have to lay down in the back of the car to get them on.  I bet Shakira mom never had to do that.  And there it is, she beat me again today.  I did not even see her, but I know she has won.

I did swim today, but not in the rain, there were a number of other swimmers, so who cares. 

No comments:

Post a Comment