Scheduled Triathlons

5.23.10 - Sprint Distance - Auburn Triathlon - Railhead Park Soccer Fields - Auburn, CA
06.27.10 - Olympic Distance - Golden Gate Triathlon - Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
07.31.10 - Half-Ironman- Barb's Race - Johnson's Beach - Guerneville, CA

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day Fifty-Seven

Swim/Run

I swam at 5.  I did not want to go.  Ryan had said last night that I will not struggle with the swim in my triathlon so that was in my head.  I thought maybe my swim is strong enough that I can sleep in.  But I got up 4:40 and headed to the pool.  My workout was a little longer than I anticipated (this week he added seven 75 yard sprints) so I did not get to my eight laps of kicking.  I had to get out to get ready for work so I was forced to cut it short, plus I was happy not to kick.  It is demeaning to have to kick with a kick board for eight laps.  I feel like such a lamo, going soooo slow. 

Ran this afternoon - 38 minutes. Each time I run this loop by the house my watch timer stops.  This is the timer/stopwatch that I use on all my runs and when I swim - and it always works great.  The only time I have problems with it is when I go through this little bermuda triangle.  Every time around the same spot the timer stops.  It has happened the last three times I have done this run, but not during any of the other routes that I take.  Very strange.  If I go missing run down Oddstad to Rosita and look for me at the 12-15 minute mark.  But if the triangle really has me chances are I will not be found.  Maybe I should just get a new watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment