Scheduled Triathlons

5.23.10 - Sprint Distance - Auburn Triathlon - Railhead Park Soccer Fields - Auburn, CA
06.27.10 - Olympic Distance - Golden Gate Triathlon - Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
07.31.10 - Half-Ironman- Barb's Race - Johnson's Beach - Guerneville, CA

Friday, May 14, 2010

Day Fifty-Nine

Swim-Run

I have woke up at 440 the last two mornings to get my exercise in.  I could not do it today.  I missed my swim.  I thought I would be swimming on Sat, so I rationalized missing my swim today thinking I would just tack it on tomorrow, but my plans for tomorrow fell through.  I feel bad that I did not swim, but being able to sleep an extra hour was really nice and needed.  It was good that I did sleep that extra hour because I worked with 6th graders in PE today.  I needed all the patients that I could muster up.  I can handle really rough kids in schools that do not even give me a way to enforce rules, but 6th graders outside playing kickball is not for me.  They are too young, wild and I do not interact well with younger kids.  It was a difficult day at work.

After I got off I had to run to the city and then go by the grocery store.  When I got home it was 700 - I still had a 50 minute run to do and I had to clean the house.  My legs were beat and the run was difficult.  I ran the same route on Wednesday and it felt great then, but today it was hard.  A spot I hit at 38 minutes Wednesday I hit at 48 minutes today, my feet were just dragging.  But I did it.  Thank goodness I am on a schedule because there is no way in hell I would have done that run today if it was not in my schedule.  My house only got a quick clean up, I was tired so it became less important.

No comments:

Post a Comment