Scheduled Triathlons

5.23.10 - Sprint Distance - Auburn Triathlon - Railhead Park Soccer Fields - Auburn, CA
06.27.10 - Olympic Distance - Golden Gate Triathlon - Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
07.31.10 - Half-Ironman- Barb's Race - Johnson's Beach - Guerneville, CA

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day Eight

This day started off bad and keep getting worse.  After one of my classes two boys, one from my class, got in a big fight right outside of my classroom.  Thank goodness I did not see it until it was broken up because that would have put me in such a hard position - do I try to break up a fight when the students are much bigger than myself??  Also on my mind is that I am subbing long term because a teacher tried to break up a fight and then the kids turned on her - Or do I watch these kids hurt each other? But thankfully I did not have to deal with that.

After school I went to burn off some steam on the bike.  It was really windy but I decided to ride anyway...good for me.  I got my bike out and the chain was stuck.  It has only done this once before and I find it impossible to fix.  So I packed my bike back up and headed home to ride the trainer :P  thinking that once I have the bike on the trainer I will be able to figure out how to fix the chain.  But that did not work, I had to wait for Ryan to come home and fix it, which took him about 10 minutes so I am not completely incompetent.  I was about in tears, trying to get my workout in but not being able to start it until 6 or so.  As I did the trainer I watched The Cove.  An excellent movie, really opens your eyes, but would not recommend it if you are already ready to cry.  What a mess.  But I got my workout in 1 hr with 20 sec sprints x7.  Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment