Scheduled Triathlons

5.23.10 - Sprint Distance - Auburn Triathlon - Railhead Park Soccer Fields - Auburn, CA
06.27.10 - Olympic Distance - Golden Gate Triathlon - Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
07.31.10 - Half-Ironman- Barb's Race - Johnson's Beach - Guerneville, CA

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day Eighty-Eight

Run

Today Ryan ran the Xterra Half Marathon.  I decide that I will take the dog on my 1:40 run while Ryan is running his race.  I do just a portion of his overall run.  This run is CRAZY.  It is just up and down, no place to rest and find you rhythm, just intense climbs followed by sketchy downhills. Here is a elevation profile of his run.  Now remember I only did part of this, but it was one of the hardest runs I have ever done.  Before, when I was thinking about the run, I thought the run to hill 88 would be challenging, no! that was just a quick little nothing compared to the rest of the run.  I struggled on my run, running where there was no trail, running uphills that were so steep my shoes could not keep grip, running sideways downhill to keep from falling.  We laid around most of the rest of the day.  I was tired, I can only image how tired Ryan was.  I am thrilled I only did a short run yesterday so my legs felt fresh as I did this run, otherwise I would have been toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment