Scheduled Triathlons

5.23.10 - Sprint Distance - Auburn Triathlon - Railhead Park Soccer Fields - Auburn, CA
06.27.10 - Olympic Distance - Golden Gate Triathlon - Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
07.31.10 - Half-Ironman- Barb's Race - Johnson's Beach - Guerneville, CA

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day Seventy-Four

Bike

Ryan and I had the morning to ride.  I was going to make up my swim
from yesterday, but my head needed some advil before I wanted to get
out of bed.  A swim in the bay is out for me anytime I am not feeling
100%.  I fear I could be lost at sea forever.  The day turned into a
slow morning and then a bike ride.  The ride was to be 3 hours, it
ended up being a little longer.  It was nice.  We climbed Kings
Mountain which is one of these legendary climbs to me.  Anytime Ryan
talks about a climb and I have not done it, I assume it would be
impossible for me to do it.  That was my mind set with Kings Mountain,
but I just kept my pace and finished fine.  Then we went up Old
Lahonda Road, which was another good climb, but fine.  BUT THEN we had
to come down the other side of Old Lahonda Road.  This was hell.
Narrow, curvy downhill.  My hands were killing me from having to break
for so long.  I will always prefer to climb over descend.  A normal
person makes up time from climbing on a descent.  This allows you
overall mph to look decent at the end of the ride.  This does not work
for me.  I go so slow down hill it is actually slower than I go on
flats.  Killing my mph average.

No comments:

Post a Comment