Scheduled Triathlons

5.23.10 - Sprint Distance - Auburn Triathlon - Railhead Park Soccer Fields - Auburn, CA
06.27.10 - Olympic Distance - Golden Gate Triathlon - Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
07.31.10 - Half-Ironman- Barb's Race - Johnson's Beach - Guerneville, CA

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day Fifty

I swam in the bay with Rheana.  It was nice to have company and it was nice to get in the water and it not be freezing outside.  It was a slow day, the teacher had us working on skills which may be fine if I was wearing a wetsuit, but just sitting and treading water in the cold water caught up to me.  As we made our way to what I thought was our last stop we traveled through a really cold patch of water.  The water in the bay has very strange pockets of really warm water and then cold spots.  I always think I am swimming through someones pee when I go through a warm spot...but I guess it is just the way the water is.  This cold patch I went through was too much for me.  As the teacher explained that we would do this last little triangle and head back in (remember I thought we were already heading back in) I just pointed to the shore and let her know I was too cold and needed to head in.  Of course she was fine with this.  She just told me to sprint the last few meters so I would warm up.  I took her advice.  I thought I had a ways still to go and I look to my side and Rheana is standing next to me.  I had literally swam all the way in.  I stood up and the water was below my knees.  Good thing I saw Rheana as I took a breath otherwise I would have sprinted INTO the shore.  Rheana said she did this on her Alcatraz swim, she got mud all over her face.  I was just trying to get the hell out of the cold water.  I had a good run in the morning before the swim, just around the neighborhood about 5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment