Scheduled Triathlons

5.23.10 - Sprint Distance - Auburn Triathlon - Railhead Park Soccer Fields - Auburn, CA
06.27.10 - Olympic Distance - Golden Gate Triathlon - Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
07.31.10 - Half-Ironman- Barb's Race - Johnson's Beach - Guerneville, CA

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day One Hundred and Five

Needed a change of pace so took the dog on a mountain bike trek.  Rode up the normal route which seemed really easy since it has been a long time since I have done it.  Then I decided to ride up to the radio tower - one of Ryan's crazy rides.  Normally his rides are difficult but doable.  Not this time.  I could not ride up the hill fast enough to stay upright.  I decided I would walk the bike up the steep part, then I could at least enjoy the ride down.  Walking the bike up this steep of a hill was still cardio anyway.  Once I turned to come down I could not ride that either, really difficult because it is just a gravel road, nothing for my back wheel to hold onto.  I was sliding all over, so I had to walk the bike down what I had just walked it up.  Not great.  Despite that it was a really fun ride, good to change it up.  Brought the excitement for mountain biking back (if I ever had it)

No comments:

Post a Comment