Scheduled Triathlons

5.23.10 - Sprint Distance - Auburn Triathlon - Railhead Park Soccer Fields - Auburn, CA
06.27.10 - Olympic Distance - Golden Gate Triathlon - Crissy Field - San Francisco, CA
07.31.10 - Half-Ironman- Barb's Race - Johnson's Beach - Guerneville, CA

Friday, April 30, 2010

Day Forty-Five

Swim/Run

Swam in the am at the pool.  Ryan was going to join me, but decided he wanted to sleep.  The pool seemed dirty.  Weird right?  I just swam in the bay where I cannot see anything because the water is so dark.  I guess maybe not seeing feels better.  I do not see a clump of hair or gum wrappers on the bottom of the bay, so it feels cleaner!?  The pool seemed nice before open recreation swims and high school swim team started for the season. 

Ran in the afternoon.  It was nice and sunny out.  I was feeling fine about running when I left the house, but once I had to start running....ahhh I wanted to do anything besides run.  I was wishing my foot hurt so I had an excuse not to run, but no, my foot felt fine.  I struggled the entire time to stay motivated enough to run the next step instead of giving in and walking it.  But I did it.  I actually did enjoy a little part of it on the trail where the water had dried up some so you could jump around the puddles like a kid (or maybe a kid would be jumping in the puddles so I was acting like an adult but with a youthful spirit :)) The fun only lasted a few hundred yards and then I was back to hating running for the day.  My legs were tired so maybe that is why I struggled with my attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment